Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dee Dee in Distress


Wyatt has a stuffed dog affectionately dubbed Dee Dee Bear. I don't know why but that is what Wyatt calls him. Oddly enough Matt had a blanket as a child that he called Dee Dee. So Wyatt had a birthday party to attend at Mickey D's and for some reason he took Dee Dee along. Amongst all the chaos somehow we left him in the play area but did not realize this until bedtime. Wyatt has had Dee Dee Bear since the day he was born and has been attached to him practically ever since. So when bedtime arrived and Dee Dee was nowhere to be found we knew we were in trouble. I ventured back to McDonald's and was looking in the play area like I was looking for a child. Seriously, I felt a little crazy asking the people at the counter to double check the lost and found and checking every nook and crannie of the play area like some stalker, but anything for my child's precious toy, right? I called the family who hosted the party and they had taken him home so I went by to rescue Dee Dee. I am so glad to have found him. Not only would Wyatt lost sleep(along with the rest of us from his whining - and guess how I know that), but I would have felt so much guilt for letting him loose his most favored toy. If you ask Wyatt who his best friend is, he'll reply, Dee Dee or Daddy!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

aaawww poor guy! how scary....I know exactly how you feel, Abigail left a doll at the shop where we had our oil changed, we didn't realize until a few hours later. Thankfully they had put it behind the counter.