Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's Gonna Be Grand

It probably won't be grand, but nice I bet. The basement that is. When we bought this house a year ago the basement was one of my main concerns. It is only half of a basement but has a wonderful large nook area that is begging for a bar. We may even add a bedroom to double as a workout room which is what the entire basement functions as now. Definitely a bathroom since my step dad is a plumber by trade, a small family room and a new office for me! No more office/home office/guest bedroom/ playroom. I am so excited! My step dad called me this morning to tell me he'll be here next week to begin the process. My mind is racing with all my ideas. Poor Matt though, I can already feel that he's going to be tired of me talking about it. I was just about to call the granite place to schedule that for the kitchen but I might as well wait to have the basement bar done at the same time. Ooh, and I can order flooring, I already know the wall colors, should I do an accordion or pocket door to open up the bedroom area to the family room area? This house was built mostly to my specifications when we bought it, we were able to choose a lot of the things. However we were to late to choose granite or wall colors so it will be great to be able to choose EVERYTHING. Hmmm...decisions, decisions...but it's going to be fun!

No comments: